Important Change in River Level Measurements
Beginning in August 2016, the District will start implementation of the use of a new vertical datum, the North American Vertical Datum of 1988 (NAVD88). In the past, the District has used the National Geodetic Vertical Datum of 1929 (NGVD29). The new datum will result in a downward shift of between 0.64 to 0.90 feet depending on location. There is no change in the actual river level, only the value used to represent the level is different. The full conversion is expected to be complete by November 1, 2016.
For more information, visit our Vertical Datum page, or call the District offices at 386-362-1001 and ask to speak with Tom Mirti, Director of Water Resources.
Idle Speed / No Wake
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) has established idle speed, no wake zones for the Suwannee and Santa Fe rivers. These zones will be enforced by the FWC for individual segments of the rivers when water rises to specific levels. Idle speed, no wake means a vessel must proceed at a speed no greater than required to maintain steerageway and headway.
Report boating violations to FWC dispatch toll free at 888-404-3922.
Please visit our Current River and Lake Levels page for no wake notices.
- Zone 1: From the U.S. 90 Bridge at Ellaville south to the State Road (SR) 51 Bridge at Luraville Ellaville (USGS-02319500)
- Zone 2: From the SR 51 Bridge at Luraville to the Little River Spring Branford (USGS-02320500)
- Zone 3: From Little River Spring to the County Road 340 Bridge at Rock Bluff Branford (USGS-02320500)
- Zone 4: From the CR 340 Bridge at Rock Bluff to approximately 300 feet southwest of the New Clay Landing Boat Ramp, from approximately 6,000 feet north of the Camp Azalea Boat Ramp to approximately 1,300 feet south of the Yellow Jacket Landing, and from approximately 2,000 feet northeast of the Fowler’s Bluff Boat Ramp to approximately one mile southwest of the Fowler’s Bluff Boat Ramp Wilcox (USGS-02323500)
- Zone 5: From the Santa Fe River at the River Rise in O’Leno State Park downstream to the center line of the U.S. 27 Bridge High Springs (USGS-02321975)
- Zone 6: From the centerline of the U.S. 27 Bridge downstream to one half mile upstream from the State Road 47 Bridge Ft. White (USGS-02322500)
- Zone 7: From one half mile upstream from the State Road 47 Bridge downstream to the unnamed island located at 29° 54.527’ N, 82° 46.074’ W Three Rivers Estates (USGS-02322703)
- Zone 8: From the unnamed island located at 29° 54.527’ N, 82° 46.074’ W to the confluence of the Suwannee and Santa Fe rivers Three Rivers Estates (USGS-02322703)
No Wake Zones Rules and Maps
For More Information
For more information, visit the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission website, or call 386-758-0525.